£115 Million on Offer in the Next EuroMillions Superdraw
Updated: Monday 24th August 2020
Mark 25th September in your calendar as a special occasion, as that is the date of the next EuroMillions Superdraw. The third Superdraw of 2020 will give you the chance to win a jackpot worth an estimated £115 million.
How to Enter the Superdraw
If you want to be in with a chance of winning the £115 million jackpot, just purchase a ticket for the EuroMillions draw on 25th September, either online or from a National Lottery retailer. You can purchase tickets in-store for draws up to four weeks in advance, so tickets for the Superdraw will be available from Friday 28th August.
It will be the second-biggest EuroMillions jackpot to go on offer so far in 2020, after the £130 million that was won on 7th July. That sum was arrived at after the 3rd July Superdraw jackpot rolled over once, before a ticket from Spain won it all. There was also a Superdraw in February, in which a jackpot worth £110 million was on offer and which was also won by a ticket holder in Spain.
UK Players Have Won the Most Superdraw Jackpots
Spanish players may have had the run of luck in recent Superdraws, but over the course of EuroMillions history the UK tops the list of Superdraw winners. Nine British ticket holders have won Superdraw jackpots, either on the night or after the prize money rolled over at least once.
The most recent big win in the UK arrived on Tuesday 8th October, when the jackpot rolled over to €190 million - what was its cap at the time - after a record run of 22 consecutive draws without a winner. A Superdraw was scheduled to take place on 4th October but as the jackpot had already rolled over to its cap - far higher than the jackpot advertised in the Superdraw - the funds were held in reserve for a future event.
Prior to that, the last big Superdraw jackpot to be won by a UK player was on 7th June 2019. The £115 million prize on offer in the Superdraw rolled over once to reach £123 million, and at that point it was won by one anonymous ticket holder.
Here are all the Superdraw jackpots that have been won by UK players - the dates listed are those on which the Superdraw took place:
- 4th October 2019 - The jackpot rolled over to surpass the £90 million prize set to be offered in the Superdraw. An anonymous UK ticket holder eventually won a record £170 million jackpot.
- 7th June 2019 - An anonymous player won a jackpot worth £123 million after a Superdraw and one rollover.
- 20th April 2018 - Another anonymous player banked £121 million after the Superdraw jackpot rolled over once.
- 30th June 2017 - An £87 million jackpot went to an anonymous UK player on the night of the Superdraw.
- 5th June 2015 - Another anonymous ticket holder claimed a jackpot worth £93 million.
- 7th March 2014 - Neil Trotter from London won this jackpot after a Superdraw and two rollovers. The £107 million prize made him the fourth-richest jackpot winner ever seen in the UK at the time.
- 4th October 2011 - Dave and Angela Dawes claimed £101 million after the Superdraw jackpot rolled over once.
- 1st October 2010 - An anonymous UK ticket holder won £113 million, the biggest ever lottery jackpot claimed in the country at the time.
- 5th February 2010 - Nigel Page and Justine Laycock split a £112 million jackpot with a player from Spain.
If you fancy a chance at adding your name to this list of winners, all you need to do is purchase an entry to the EuroMillions draw on 25th September - you can choose your numbers online or in-storePublished: Monday 24th August 2020
Lottery News News Archive