These are the kinds of personal information we collect:
- Details of your device, browser type and version, operating system and IP address, and about your visits to, and use of, this website including your referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- Information inputted by you when registering an account on the website, signing up for email notifications, newsletters and/or competition entries.
- Any further information willingly provided by you.
Use of Personal Information
Your personal information helps with:
- Website administration.
- Personalising the website to improve your experience when you visit.
- Allow you access to website services.
- Supply to you with website services you have purchased.
- Distribute general or marketing communications.
- Distribute information or email notifications requested specifically by you.
- Send you any newsletters and/or marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you and where you have specifically agreed to receive this information by email. (You can opt out of receiving this information at any time by informing us using the details on our Contact Us page or by updating the relevant section of your user account).
- Send you invitations to take part in any promotions or competitions offered on the site from time to time.
- Resolve enquiries complaints relating to the website that you make.
- Increase website security and minimise the risk of fraud.
- Ensure complete compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
Lottery.co.uk will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing if you have unsubscribed from the service.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- If required to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International Data Transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to other countries including those countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website may subsequently be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Securing Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is potentially insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. While you will require your password to log in to your account, you will never be asked to disclose your password to a representative or employee of the company.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The payment of an administration fee (currently £10).
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity which will include a notarised photocopy of your passport plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address). We reserve the right to request additional information to establish your identify if required.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by emailing or writing to us using the details provided on our Contact Us page.
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to external websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
You can let us know at any time if the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Lottery.co.uk’s parent company is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office and our data protection registration number is Z6413413