Special Millionaire Maker Raffle to Celebrate the National Lottery's 25th Birthday
Updated: Friday 15th November 2019
EuroMillions players in the UK have another special event to look forward to on Friday 8th November, as the National Lottery has revealed that 25 millionaires are guaranteed to be made in the Millionaire Maker Raffle on that date.
The National Lottery was launched in November 1994, so November 2019 marks its 25th anniversary. Several events have been announced to celebrate the occasion, and the upcoming raffle to crown 25 millionaires is one of them. It will be the biggest edition of the Millionaire Maker since 40 prizes worth £1 million were given away in March 2019.
In addition to the special Millionaire Maker draw a £25 million Lotto Must Be Won draw will also take place on Saturday 23rd November. A special ‘£250,000 Birthday’ scratchcard has also been released.
How to Play the UK Millionaire Maker Raffle
If you’re unfamiliar with the UK Millionaire Maker raffle, there’s really only two things you need to know: you just need to buy a line of EuroMillions numbers to be included in the raffle, and you need to make sure to check your ticket after the draw to find out if you’ve won.
Millionaire Maker prizes go unclaimed all too often and it’s mainly because players aren’t aware that they’re even participating in the raffle. When you purchase a EuroMillions ticket in-store, you will have a randomly generated code printed on your ticket, below your EuroMillions numbers. If your code is drawn in the raffle, you win £1 million.
The upcoming raffle on 8th November is special because 25 winning codes will be drawn, rather than just one, so you have 25 chances to win. The prizes are guaranteed, too, because the winning codes are drawn from a pool of all the codes that have been allocated to players.
The odds of winning can’t be stated exactly, because they depend on how many entries there are. As an estimate, there may be around 5 million UK entries to any standard Friday EuroMillions draw, which would mean that your odds of winning the Millionaire Maker raffle would be 1 in 5 million, as one winning code would be selected from the 5 million entries.
Using the same example, the odds of winning the Millionaire Maker raffle on 8th November would improve from 1 in 5 million to 1 in 200,000 – a huge difference, thanks to the 25 winning codes that will be selected.
Five Facts About UK Millionaire Maker
The UK Millionaire Maker raffle has now been going for a decade and in that time has created a staggering number of millionaires. Here are five interesting facts about UK Millionaire Maker on its 10th birthday:
- As of October 2019, over 1900 winning Millionaire Maker codes have been drawn – that’s nearly £2 billion in prize money since 2009!
- The most millionaires created on a single night is 100. That happened on two occasions: first on 27th July 2012 and then almost exactly a year later on 26th July 2013. The special 2012 draw was in celebration of the London Olympics and 97 of the 100 winners claimed their prizes, breaking the world record for the most millionaires ever created in a single lottery draw.
- The biggest individual prize ever given away in the UK Millionaire Maker raffle is £12 million. On 31st May 2013 a special edition of the raffle was held in which one lucky ticket holder won £1 million every month for a whole year.
- 2013 was also the year in which the most raffle prizes were given away, thanks in no small part to the 100-winner draw. That year, 252 raffle prizes were won in total. The year in which the fewest prizes were won was 2010, when just 86 winning codes were drawn. Back then, there was only one weekly EuroMillions draw and only one code drawn each week (apart from any special draws).
- Millionaire Maker prizes are the most common prizes worth £1 million or more that go unclaimed. As of October 2019, there were 12 million-pound prizes still yet to be claimed; eight of them were from the Millionaire Maker raffle. Remember to check your tickets!
Lottery News News Archive