How to Play the People's Postcode Lottery
People's Postcode Lottery is a charity lottery for residents of England, Scotland and Wales. Players pay £10 monthly subscriptions to play for prizes every day. Players can win £30,000 Street Prizes every week, £1,000 every day Monday to Friday and a share of a £3 Million prize pot every month. With a minimum of 32% of the ticket price going to charity, players have raised over £263 Million for good causes. Find out more about how it works below:
How to Register
To play, sign up for your subscription by Direct Debit. This can be done online, or over the telephone with the Customer Experience team on freephone number 0808 109 8765. Players can sign up for one, two or three tickets. Each ticket costs £10 per month. Every ticket plays in all draws and can win prizes every day.
Prizes & Draw Types
Prizes range from luxury holidays and brand new cars to cash prizes. There are guaranteed winners every single day. Here is a full breakdown of what you can win:
- Daily Prizes - Each weekday, ten postcodes are drawn and a £1,000 prize is awarded to every ticket in these postcodes. If a player has multiple subscriptions, they receive £1,000 for each ticket they play.
- Weekend Prizes - Every Saturday and Sunday, each ticket in one lucky postcode wins a £30,000 Street Prize. Every weekend, thousands of tickets also win £15 and £10 prizes.
- Monthly Dream Holiday - Every month, each player in one lucky postcode wins £5,000 in holiday vouchers and £2,000 spending money.
- Monthly BMW + Cash Prize - Every month, each player in one postcode area wins £25,000, and one lucky player drives away a brand new BMW Series 1.
- Postcode Millions - Each month, tickets in one postcode sector share a £3 Million prize pot. The amount each winner receives varies based on whether they match all or some of the winning postcode, and how many tickets they play with.
How to Win
For the majority of draws, your postcode needs to match the winning code exactly in order to win. The only exception to this is the Postcode Millions draw where you can win even if you only get a partial match! The closer your postcode is to the winner, the larger a share of the prize fund you will receive.
If your postcode gets lucky in the Street Prize, and you play with one ticket, you win £30,000. If you play with two tickets, you'd win £60,000. If you have three, you'd collect £90,000!
A postcode can only be drawn if at least one person plays with it. So, for example, if nobody in the AB12 1CD area is subscribed then this postcode cannot win. That guarantees that there will always be real-life winners in every draw and prizes do not go unclaimed.
How to Claim
If you're lucky enough to win one of the top prizes then your cheque will be delivered in person by one of the People's Postcode Lottery Ambassadors - Jeff Brazier, Danyl Johnson, Matt Johnson or Judie McCourt. If don't think you will be home to receive it, or you've won one of the smaller prizes, don't worry you will still receive your payment! Visit the Claiming Prizes page for more information on what to do if you are a winner.