How to Play The Postcode Lottery
The People's Postcode Lottery is a subscription-only lottery open to residents of England, Scotland and Wales. For a monthly fee of just £10, players are entered into six main games, including Postcode Millions, where you can win a share of £3 million. For a full list of the games included in your ticket, see the main Postcode Lottery page.
Entering the Postcode Lottery
To enter, simply register and pay using either Direct Debit, Debit Card or Paypal. Entries into the draws are based on a player’s postcode, so there is no need to worry about picking numbers - just subscribe to one, two or three tickets. The more tickets a player buys, the bigger their prize could be.
Entries must be made online; there is no option to play at a retailer. However, this does mean that lottery officials can be sure to contact you in the event of a win of any size, making it unlikely that a prize goes unclaimed.
How to Win the Postcode Lottery
For every Postcode Lottery game except Postcode Millions, your full postcode must match the one drawn to win the prize. In the monthly luxury car draw, every ticket in a specific postcode area is worth £25,000, but one player is additionally selected to win a BMW 1 Series car.
In Postcode Millions, every player in a postcode sector (eg. PL2 1) wins a prize, with tickets in one full postcode area (eg. PL2 1HP) sharing the largest portion of the £3 million pool.
How to Claim
People's Postcode Lottery winners are notified of prize wins via email, text message, a phone call or mail, depending on the prize. Big winners collect their cheques in person from People's Postcode Lottery Ambassadors Jeff Brazier, Danyl Johnson, Matt Johnson and Judie McCourt.
For players paying People's Postcode Lottery subscriptions by Direct Debit, when they win a cash prize, prize money is automatically paid into their bank account within 28 days.
People's Postcode Lottery prizes range from luxury holidays and brand new cars to cash prizes, and there are guaranteed winners made every single day. Players with a monthly subscription costing £10 are automatically entered into all People's Postcode Lottery draws, and could win the following prizes:
- Daily Prize - Each weekday, five postcodes are drawn and a £1,000 prize is awarded to every ticket in these postcodes. If a player has multiple subscriptions, they receive £1,000 for each ticket they play.
- Street Prizes - Every Saturday and Sunday, each ticket in one lucky postcode wins a whopping £30,000. If you play two subscriptions in the winning postcode, you pick up £60,000. If you purchased three subscriptions, you win £90,000.
- Weekly Prizes - Every weekend, tickets win £100, £50, £20 and £10 prizes. More than 20,000 postcodes pick up these prizes every week.
- Monthly Dream Holiday - Every month, each player in one lucky postcode wins £5,000 in holiday vouchers and £2,000 spending money.
- Monthly BMW + Cash Prize - Every month, each player in one postcode area wins £25,000, and one lucky player drives away a brand new BMW Series 1.
- Postcode Millions - Each month, tickets in one postcode sector share a £3 million prize pot. The amount each winner receives varies based on whether they match all or some of the winning postcode, and how many tickets they play.