Lottery.co.uk News brings you the latest breaking lottery news stories from the UK and around the world. Whether you want to know who won that last big EuroMillions rollover jackpot or you want to be one of the first to find out about new developments, campaigns and games, the lottery news stories presented here will help you keep up to speed.
The lottery news stories on this page are displayed in reverse chronological order, so the most recent story appears first and the oldest story appears last. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will also find a link to our Lottery News Archive, where you will find stories from previous months.
Because we publish fresh Lottery News stories on a regular basis, itís a good idea to bookmark this page for future reference.
Hot Ticket raffle prizes will be making a return to the Health Lottery game from Saturday 8 March, giving players the chance to win up to £50,000 in extra cash prizes each and every week. The Health Lottery is already extremely popular thanks to the low cost of its tickets and the fact that the value of the top prize is fixed no matter how many people win it, so having Hot Ticket prizes back in the mix for a limited period (until Saturday 29 March) will make the game even more attractive.
The jackpot on offer in the EuroMillions game on Tuesday 4 March eluded players everywhere, so they will have to wait until the £80 million Superdraw game this Friday for their next chance to win big. The main numbers drawn in the EuroMillions game last night were 03, 05, 22, 27 and 44, and the Lucky Star numbers were 01 and 06. With no jackpot success, the biggest winner in the UK was the player who won £1 million by matching the Millionaire Raffle number CXW781222.
Lottery players around the world are getting very excited because we are now just a few days away from the next big EuroMillions Superdraw game. The jackpot in the Superdraw this Friday 7 March will be worth a guaranteed €100 million, which should work out at around £80 million in the event of it being landed by a ticket purchased here in the UK. Players who intend to get involved this week are advised to buy tickets early to avoid any last-minute glitches.
Yesterday we brought you news that the Tuesday EuroMillions jackpot had rolled over to give players a chance of winning an even bigger triple rollover prize of around £34 million this Friday. Today we can tell you that last night’s Lotto jackpot also rolled over, which means that the next game on Saturday 1 March will boast a top prize with an estimated value of £5.2 million. In addition, the Lotto Raffle game will award a completely separate prize of £20,000 to each of 100 winners.
Anyone who wants to win a lottery jackpot before the end of the month needs to act fast and grab tickets for the midweek Lotto and Friday EuroMillions games, because time is running out. The Lotto game this evening will offer a brand new jackpot which is expected to be worth around £2.2 million, and the associated Lotto Raffle game will create 50 winners of £20,000 each. Then, on Friday, the EuroMillions game will offer a triple rollover jackpot with an estimated value of £34 million, whilst the Millionaire Raffle game will deliver a separate prize of £1 million.
EuroMillions players who began this year with a desire to win a bigger than average jackpot have a golden opportunity to make it happen this Tuesday after the most recent draw gave fans a second consecutive rollover. The EuroMillions results on Friday 21 February were 13, 17, 28, 30 and 32, along with the Lucky Star numbers 05 and 07, and the rollover means that the jackpot in the next game this Tuesday 25 February will be worth around £25 million.
There will be 100 Lotto Raffle winners this Saturday 22 February thanks to a rollover in the main Lotto game midweek. As regular players will know, the number of Lotto Raffle prizes in a standard game is 50, but that total increases by 50 with every rollover, until the jackpot is paid out, so the next draw will make each of 100 players £20,000 richer no matter what happens in the main game. As far as the main Lotto jackpot is concerned, the top prize on Saturday night is expected to be worth around £6.6 million.
The EuroMillions game has established a noticeable pattern in recent weeks where the midweek jackpot rolls over to the next draw on Friday. Just one Tuesday EuroMillions jackpot has been landed this year, and that was way back on 7 January. Players were hoping to bring the rollover pattern to an end in the game that took place last night, but it didn’t happen. The EuroMillions results for the draw on Tuesday 18 February were 23, 26, 36, 37 and 49, along with the Lucky Star numbers 06 and 07.
Spain landed its second EuroMillions jackpot win in a row on Friday, giving the nation three jackpot successes this year. That is one more than the only other jackpot-winning nation of 2014, France, and it will be interesting to see if the European neighbours can keep the friendly rivalry going. The UK has yet to succeed at the highest level in the EuroMillions game, but there is still plenty of time for Brits to stage a comeback, and this Tuesday’s jackpot of £12 million might help to get us started.
The UK wasn't in a particularly good mood last night thanks to the extreme weather that was sweeping across the country and leaving all kinds of chaos in its wake, but the Lotto and Lotto Raffle games were on hand to lift the spirits and make quite a few people glad to have participated. None of the tickets entered for the Lotto game were able to match all six of the main numbers that were drawn and so the jackpot rolled over, but the more positive news is that plenty of consolation prizes were landed.
- UK Players Seek EuroMillions Comeback
- One Ticket Scoops Lotto Jackpot
- EuroMillions Superdraw Announced for March
- Two Rollover Jackpots Coming Up!
- Syndicate Scores Millionaire Raffle Win
- France Wins EuroMillions Jackpot
- Sixth Consecutive Lotto Jackpot Landed
- EuroMillions Rolls to Month End
- Win a Holiday with Lottery.co.uk!
- Friday EuroMillions Quad Rollover Jackpot
- Warrington Syndicate Celebrates Lotto Success
- EuroMillions Triple Rollover Jackpot
- One Ticket Wins Wednesday Lotto
- Week Ends with Double Rollover Jackpot
- Single Ticket Scoops Lotto Jackpot
- EuroMillions Player Wins a Million
- France and Spain Share EuroMillions
- EuroMillions Jackpot Hits Nine Figures
- Lotto Jackpot Quadruple Rollover!
- EuroMillions Jackpot Rolls into 2014!
- Lottery Thrills for the New Year!
- Lotto Jackpot Snowballs through Christmas
- Christmas Day Lotto Raffle
- EuroMillions Thrills for Christmas Eve!
- Police Warn Players Over Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Lottery Scam
- One Ticket Wins Wednesday Lotto!
- Midweek Lotto Double Rollover Jackpot
- US$586 million US Mega Millions Jackpot Attracts Worldwide Interest
- Multiple Millionaires for the New Year
- Special Christmas Day Lotto Raffle Draw
- Jackpot Win for Family Lottery Syndicate
- Tuesday EuroMillions Double Rollover Jackpot
- Lotto Results for Wednesday 4 December
- EuroMillions Jackpot Eludes Lottery Players
- December Delivers Lotto Double Rollover
- Lottery.co.uk's Big Christmas Giveaway
- Lotto Jackpot Rolls to Saturday
- UK Ticket Wins €32 / £26 million EuroMillions Jackpot
- Ninth Saturday Lotto Win in A Row
- Double Win for Lottery Player
- Big Lottery Fund Assists Philippines
- Two Share Saturday Lottery Jackpot
- Health Lottery Promotion Announced
- EuroMillions Rolls to Superdraw
- Win Tickets To Friday’s €100 / £80 million EuroMillions Superdraw!
- Seventh Saturday Lottery Success
- Lucky Dip Lottery Jackpot Winner
- Massive EuroMillions Jackpot Ahead!
- EuroMillions Rollover for Bonfire Night
- Midweek Lotto Jackpot Rollover
- France Wins Tuesday EuroMillions
- Another Saturday Lotto Jackpot Success